Blind Stick with GPS and GSM using ATEGA328 project is design for Blind Person i.e. visually disabled people for improved navigation, so that they can walk and avoid bumping into obstacles. Our project proposed a prototype of blind stick which is integrated with micro controller ATMEGA328, ultrasonic sensors, water sensor, light sensor, GPS and GSM.
There are following function:
- Our project has ultrasonic sensors, which alert the person for any obstacles in a way by using ultrasonic sensors which detect obstacles ahead using ultrasonic waves. When these sensors sense obstacles, then it passes signal to the microcontroller for further process. After then microcontroller alert the users by buzzer sound. The buzzer sound frequency will change as obstacle close the circuit means it beeps quickly if it too closes with obstacle. Thus, slow or fast beep shows the presence of obstacle with rough idea of obstacle’s distance. Thus, our project allows for obstacle detection as well as pot holes in road if any to the blind person.
- It also detects and gives different buzzer sound for water presence alert if it detects water via water sensor attached with it.
- There is also a light sensor which detect if there is light or dark. So that user doesn’t go outside at night.
- There is GPS-GSM also integrated in this project so that if blind person has gone in wrong direction or area then he has to just press a button of blind stick. This will automatically access the location via GPS mode and sends message to his relative one via GSM modem. Thus, his relate can go to him for search with help GPS location.
1. High sensitive
2. Works from anywhere
3. Low cost and reliable circuit
1. GPS Location
2. Obstacle detection